This was recently sent around the office here at Triggerfish Animation, and I feel its totally worth sharing! I am pretty sure that after the 20min video you will be totally inspired but may have missed some of the valuable lessons pointed out! Okay maybe you won’t but the first time I watched it I did, so I thought I would write them down! Below is a complete summary of Neil’s advice. 🙂
- When you start out you have no idea what you’re doing! This is a good thing!
- If you have an idea of what you want to do, or what you were meant to do… Go do that!
- When you start out you have to deal with the problems of failure. You need to be thick skinned to know that not every project will survive!
- I hope you’ll make mistakes! If you make mistakes it means you’re out there doing something!
- Make Good Art! Make Your Art!! Do the stuff only you can do!
- Some secret freelancer knowledge! Deliver On Time, Good Work, Or being likable… Just pick two! The third will be forgiven!
Extra Advice & Tips
- Steven Kings Advice – This is really Great! You should enjoy it! -> Let go, and enjoy the ride! Don’t spend to much time stressing.
- If a problem seems to great, pretend to be someone who can do it! Mentally it helps.
- Be wise, because the world needs more wisdom and if you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is wise, and just behave like they would!
- Go! Make Mistakes! Make Good Art!!